Vishwa Hindu Parisad (VHP) – World Federation of Hindus was founded on the 29th of August 1964 (Sri Krishna Janmasthami Day); at Bombay, by noted holy saints from various religious sects, intellectuals, social and spiritual leaders.
VHP, the World Organisation of 800 million Hindus living in some 80 countries aspires to revitalize the eternal Hindu Society and reviving faith in code of conduct of our old Dharma which has stood the test of time.
The birth of VHP was not a reaction or response to the stimulus which would lose its vitality no sooner the stimulus was removed as it happens in many a case. Nor was it a temporary outburst arising from any socio-political contingency. Nor is it born out of an desire for self aggrandizement. On the contrary it emerged out of a sense of history with Hindu unity as its watch word for the progress and welfare of Bharat and preservation of the country’s great spiritual and cultural heritage.
The aims and objectives of VHP:
- To awaken consciousness, to consolidate and strengthen the Hindu Society.
- To protect, develop and foster the Hindu way of family life, ethics, culture and spiritualism.
- To establish and reinforce contacts with Hindus living abroad.
- To render social service through welfare projects for the millions of underprivileged sections of society who have been suffering for centuries. These projects especially include schools, hospitals, hostels, libraries etc.
- To eradicate the evil of caste discrimination from Hindu Society.
VHP has developed into its present form without any help from state, national and international institutions.
THE EFFORTS OF ITS OWN WORKERS IS THE ENERGY OF VISHWA HINDU PARISHAD.
Founding members of VHP :
The late sarvashri:
Dr. K. M. Munshi – noted writer/ historian; Pujaneeya Shree Guruji M. S. Golwalkar – second chief of R.S.S.; Sant Tukadoji Maharaj; Master Tara Singh – eminent Sikh leader; Bhai Hanuman Prasad Poddar – Arya Samaj leader; C. P. Ramaswami Aiyar – noted jurist; Dada Saheb Apte – social worker.
Pujya Swami Satyamitranandaji –ex. Shankracharya; Pujya Jagat Guruji Shankrachara; Pujya Swami Chinmaanandaji; Pujya Muni Susheel Kumarji
Of late, due to the political situation in India, a lot of false propaganda and disinformation is being circulated about VHP.